Thursday, November 12, 2020

It is Something We Get Through

Aoife in her daddy's arms...

Guess what I did last night??I renewed my driver's license online.  It is good for 5 years...Wahoo...not the federal one, butI figure that I can do that when it is safer.. My birthday is in December, so one less thing to worry about.

Covid, etc, asked me to post this song:

You'll Never Walk Alone

I am so trying to stay sane..We had awful tropical storm rains and flooding today.

Another is on its way..30 hurricanes in one year?? Oh, it is 2020.

Kaffe is good at giving cheer.  I found this box of scraps and decided to use them.
Someone told me that life is short.  Real short..
Now, I am looking for a fun and easy pattern.
Touching and loving fabric is soooo therapeutic!!

When Aoife is happy, we are all happy.
Here is our Willie Nelson....helping us along as usual

 Grief...again as always.
Here's what I most want you to know: this really is as bad as you think.
No matter what anyone else says, this sucks. What has happened cannot be made right. What is lost cannot be restored. There is no beauty here, inside this central fact.
Acknowledgement is everything.
You're in pain. It can't be made better.
The reality of grief is far different from what others see from the outside. There is pain in this world that you can't be cheered out of.
You don't need solutions. You don't need to move on from your grief. You need someone to see your grief, to acknowledge it. You need someone to hold your hand while you stand there in blinking horror, staring at the hole that was your life.
Some things cannot be fixed. They can only be carried.
—Megan Devine, from the first page of "It's OK that You're Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture that Doesn't Understand" (https://refugeingrief.com/book/)

( I do not know how to get rid of this white...so I will post and then sew)

1 comment:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your thoughts on grief are always poignant...