Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Finding Joy

Autumn in all its glory...with our smiley dimpled Aoife.
3/4 of this quilt top done...Hoping to finish the entire top during sit and sew with my Good Vibes quilt group on Friday
My son cut back some of his father's roses.  I had thought it said, cut just before the first frost.
But, it said, just after the last frost.  Lisa said it was OK but since they were Granddaddy's we are nervous.
Eamon saved a bouquet!!
Making some potholder tops to finish during the Sit and Sew.
I like to have 25 done and on hand during the holidays and I only had 5.

Evan cut his mother's grass yesterday....Yeah Evan!!!


Tonight wonderful zoom with the CMQG...We are now up to 50 members, but only about 15 showed tonight.
Bribed Lynsey to do another piece on her project by offering to do her kitchen duty tonight.
Motivated by a porch visit with coats and masks...one person at a time.
Look how she folds...unbelievable...so not in my skillset!!

I might just put this organizational pix on my wall..
Oh, well, at my age, I had just better accept my skills and the not skills.
She helped me unpick all my mistakes...now that is a friend.

The Covid thing is going crazy everywhere.  I am old and impaired with asthma and other things...
Very nervous...not ready to go yet!!
As the virus amps up, I got my toilet paper and paper towels at Walmart...no limit.
And tonight, I ordered online a package of mask filters.
My awesome PT said that the mask protects others, but the filter inside helps to protect you.
Now I am working on masks that take filters...They are a pain...but.....
I do not want to be left out of more panic buying.
I might make some more cloth napkins and some fabric "paper towels", the old fashion way of cleaning up.  I think I would rather buy new towels and use the old for kitchen towels, than buy paper towels..
Since my healthy athlete of a man got ALS seven years ago...I am now scared of everything.  Always waiting for the next shoe to drop.  I am going Thursday to the eye doctor for eval for cataracts.  And, I am scared of having my eyes dilated and driving home...Such a neurotic old lady I have become.
With this moaning...I am going to finish with a picture I got this morning from Portland.
The caption was:

"Good Morning," Aoife from the kitchen!!!







 

No comments: