Sunday, November 8, 2020

Crazy and Crazier....

 Here is our Aoife...showing a different side.

No one was sure that our Aoife ever cried...Proof has just arrived.!!
Oh, Aoife...here you are enjoying your new jumping toy.
Irish eyes are inquisitive!!

My son put my black pants...all of them, in the dryer.  Lots of shrinkage going on.
I was so mad at him....Then Lynsey put her hands on her little hips and said, "Grandma,
we all know what made your pants too tight....Not the dryer...but all the Halloween candy you ate."
OMG, I am enormous....blaming my son, blaming Corona virus, blaming the election.
Then, I say...I am old, I can do what I want...and in pops another piece of chocolate....

Dylan is already back to school two days a week.  He is a bit nervous that he may get the virus.
We talked about it all and how we all do the best we can and have faith.

These are Lynsey's masks...fabrics are her choice and so is the pattern.
I have made four masks for her and four for Dylan.  Hoping to have 6 made for school.
Two will be in baggies in their back packs..and one on their face.
 The next day, there will be a second set so I can wash the first.  
Good thing I did that last Thursday, as the little bead holding the elastic came off in school.  He had two spares with him...When Dylan comes home, he puts his masks in the bathroom sink to be washed, washes his hands and changes his shirt.
The masks below are Dylan's  Fabrics are his choice. 


There is room for a filter. I do my elastic differently, sewing on these gliders that my daughter sent me.
I used to find these so difficult, but now, I am on it!!!

All the crazy is wearing me down. 
I miss my daughter so much.  Wish she and Aoife could come visit...but
Covid says....Do not risk it.!!!
I lost my temper last week in the middle of the pharmacy at the grocery store...OMG
It was just the last straw.
Now I am going to take Dylan there, to role model for him how we handle our own poor behavior.
We apologize.

If anyone else out there hanging on a thread...let me know...Isolation is a lonely sort of thing.
Remote learning tomorrow for the grands.... Please God, let me survive. xo






2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely not a happy little girl there! You made me laugh with story of the shrinking pants Diane, Are you now going to have to go visit the shops? Much as you are longing to see Aoife and your daughter it really is not possible at the moment, sounds like Joe Biden is already getting things moving with a proposed plan for when he becomes President.

Courtney said...

Ugh, I am so sorry you haven't been able to see your granddaughter yet. She is so adorable! I can't believe she is already old enough to hold her head up so well. My parents have the same issue as my brother lives in NYC with one little 2 year old and a second due in a few weeks. It is so hard!
My dryer shrunk all my pants too! I sympathize. Times are tough, chocolate helps tremendously!