Thursday, November 5, 2020

Braving the Storms

It has been a long time, it seems, since I have finished a quilt.
Stress made me do it....I needed a Covid/ Election hug..I needed solace,
I got that here...finishing this quilt..
Stitch approves.
Backing is happy too!!
( a Jeni Baker pattern)

Go Aoife, Go...
Good thing her Mommy is there..as Aoife is rolling over!!

Look how proud she is!!  Tickled pink...3 and a half months..on a roll!!!

The despair for our country, I know is not mine alone.

Covid makes it worse...Friends and family who do not take the disease seriously make it worse too.This old lady with asthma is hugely at risk..

 Dylan went to school today.

Good thing I sent him with three masks, as the bead holding the elastic on one of them broke off.

He said that there were 4 children on the bus and 6 in his class. When he came home, he washed his hands, and put on a clean shirt.  I washed  his masks for him.  He did his homework on the bus. His report was that it was hard to wear a mask all day, but so good to be at school.

Lynsey was home alone with me.  She is pretty responsible.  When I look at her beauty and her confidence, it takes my breathe away. When she sasses  her grandmother...her mouth also takes my breathe away.  Those words and horrid attitude from that beautiful girl...OMG  She will be 12 years old in 3 months.  The elementary school bus driver this morning asked my son where Lynsey was....She could not believe that time had flown and Lynsey was now in middle school.

As the nastiness continues on TV,  Fauci's quote rings in my mind.

"I do not know how to tell you, that we have to take care of each other."

Tomorrow I may just take a drive...to see a different view, before the rains come in from the latest hurricane.

Below, a healing potholder!!

 Forgetting to listen to the words of my husband puts me in peril
"Just go sew"...When I did that tonight...my mood so improved.
Thank God for Sewing.
Thank God for a mother who taught me to do for others.
Thank God for my husband's love..













Spoonflower Until Friday, another 50% off sale for fat quarters!!!

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on your lovely quilt finish Diane. Beautiful little Aoife is beaming at the world - lucky girl - we have to live through the current crises in our world. I have been following the elections in America with a great deal of interest and a great deal of despair, I hope that tomorrow brings a good resolution but from what I see and hear there will be quite a lot of ugliness if a certain person wins through - I am hoping he will not!!!

Cherie said...

Oh you have such beautiful fabric. I shouldn't be envious.... but I am ashamed to say that I am. But in a nice way. I don't begrudge you one tiny piece of it. x