Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain

The Rose is Blue
I finished this tonight...better pictures tomorrow.
It is one am and I want to stay up all night and sew to the beat of  red wine and Willie Nelson.
Peace and time alone....Wow...
Today's exercise.walking up and down my man's old wheelchair ramp.
OK, mostly reading in my chair, supervised by Stitch.
Aoife flirting with her daddy....My , Oh, my...Daddy's girl already.
Lynsey's appetizer plate. And her Acorn squash.
What is left of her baked Parmesan chicken
Uncle Brian and Aunt Emily gave Lynsey 3 days of "Just Fresh" for her
birthday last year.  Lynsey LOVED that and saved the recipes. 
 Last night at Trader Joe's, she planned dinner
and chose the ingredients...AND insisted on expensive cheeses.  I let her get them because I was so proud of her,  Kudos to our Dylan who cleaned the entire kitchen after dinner...Himself!!
Three and a half months...my heart beats with love

I should go to bed because remote learning is in the am,
Ah, well...my son will do it.

Silly me listening to Willie Nelson while I sew.  It reminds me of my father.  He was from Greenville, Alabama and always played old fashioned country western music, the minute we got in the car.  We all grew up loving this kind of music.  This song reminds me of loss...and love and yesterday.  Acceptance that nothing lasts forever. I think that is part of aging...realizing that you will never again see the heartfelt people of your good memories. 


3 comments:

Teresa said...

Precious baby and precious memories. Nice post today.

Cherie said...

You've just given me the perfect idea for my son's Christmas present. He loves to cook and that would be a great thing to arrange for him. Did you think it was good value for money?

Emily said...

So great that she likes to cook, and it looks delicious!