Monday, November 2, 2020

A Day or so After and a Day or so Before....

Late, but how could I resist....Rosie plays the wolf.
And our Aoife plays Red Riding Hood.

My heart beats with love.

Today's big event was making binding...I hate to make binding!!
Hate as I may, I did it anyway.  I am binding the necks of sweatshirts for my winter stay at home wardrobe... I just cut off the original, and add my own..
Sometimes I do the sleeves too
The sweatshirts are so much more comfy this way.

Today was a no do day.. I am so lucky that stress puts me to sleep and not the other way around.
Doing little things like cleaning the kitchen, filling out paperwork, preparing for Dylan to go to school on Thursday.  Soon the day is over.. No laughs and no friends. Peace and quiet can be good too
Sewing and taking care of minutia...helps me feel a bit of control, a little bit.
I am trying to steel myself for survival in case we have civil unrest the next few days.
Our dear America is now unrecognizable...Hopefully a Phoenix will arise someday from the dust.

I got the feeling from Laurie in Minnesota  that 59 degrees was not "freezing"!!!Today the low was 38F...OMG... That is probably closer...I just could not leave the house.

Interesting article..Refuge in Grief 

An uplifting story from my friend in Oregon..Kashka the cat

I have an appointment in a few weeks to check my eyes for cataracts.  Way too scary.  I looked up the doctor..  He looks like he is 12 years old.  Not to be one to judge on being just 12...I read more about him.  He has been an eye doctor since 2005.  This is 2020.

As I age, my entire viewpoint on life has swung up and down and all around.

Bracing for drama the next few days..Praying for none. xo

3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those costumes are so adorable! A great pairing! That is a great idea to bind sweatshirts. I have a couple of sweatshirts whose collars and cuffs are showing signs of wear. Maybe I can keep using them if I add a binding.

Emily said...

Love the wolf and Red Riding hood!!!!! So cute! (I'm impressed that the dog will pose in glasses!)

http://thankfullga447 said...

I had cataract surgery but it was a year before I had the other eye done and I could not drive at night. Make sure you have the other eye done in a timely manner.