Saturday, November 28, 2020

Family Gratitude

My two beautiful and good hearted children...9 years ago
Wednesday Thanksgiving prep.  Lynsey chopping the celery and onions for the stuffing 
Dylan scrubbing the sweet potatoes for boiling.
Lynsey enjoying the chopping of onions.????

Lynsey has big plans to open a bakery some day with her mother....and to be a writer. 
She is all on the holiday thing.  Dylan rather play Minecraft...
Mean Grandma gave him kitchen duty instead.
  I was going to pass on Thanksgiving dinner since it is 2020 but Lynsey insisted we do what we do every year and she and her daddy would do it. 

Update...Thanksgiving was all thanks to Lynsey.  She made the chocolate pudding pie, the corn casserole, the green bean casserole, the homemade cranberry relish from fresh berries, She helped me stuff the turkey and skewered closed the openings...Really I am amazed at that girl.  She is only 11.
It was nice enough weather to eat outside...Then we drove plates of dinner to my sister.

I am fretting about Christmas because of COVID.  Lynsey said, Grandma, this is 2020.  We are going to do the very same thing as we did for Thanksgiving...and soon there will be a new year.  
Thank God in heaven for that girl.
 Voila:  The other granddaughter!!
I could not choose..I love both of these...Such joy to my heart.

This is a lovely idea.: Gratitude Quilt by Diary of a Quilter

Tuesday  The visit was on the screened in porch, 6 feet apart, masks, long underwear, jackets and two heaters  Nothing can keep fabric lovers and quilters apart...brrrr.

Emily designed some labels for the homemade extract the kids and I made.
We have vanilla, mint, and lemon.
My son started the holiday decorations..
Cheer for these times at home.
No sewing, as you can see...
However, I am sewing in my head...maybe in action tomorrow.

I have appointments at the end of January for my cataract surgery...When I started to fret,
I realized that I cannot see without squinting. I have no choice...
AND. I just read this:
"Worry is a superpower; the illusion of control..."
How right on is that!!!




5 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh that gorgeous baby makes me all squishy inside. Your grandchildren are all beautiful and I love reading about the things that they make. Are they with you permanently or only in the short term?

Emily said...

That's an impressive amount of cooking for her age. Good for her!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am constantly amazed at Lynsey's cooking abilities. You go girl!!

I have been trying to send you an email for 2 days and it keeps coming back that you have so much email being delivered that there isn't space for it.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lynsey is a gem in the kitchen, Dylan also for scrubbing sweet potatoes! A delicious photo of Aoife Rose, she is growing up so quickly.

Peter K said...

This is all so wonderful, I can't do it justice with a comment. Except that I would love to meet any and all of the wonderful members in your family. And oh, if I live long enough, I will ask Lynsey out on a date! You can chaperone - if she says yes. Someplace where we can talk and talk and sip good wine
!