Saturday, January 23, 2021

Family Memories

Going through things.  I found a picture of my grandmother in 1945 at my mother's first wedding.
I was born in 1947, so this must be 75  years ago.  My mother was 25 when she had me and my grandmother was 25 when she had my mother...I figure Grandma was 48 in this picture?  Wow!!  I am not the greatest at math...but wow.. She died at 99 from a last minute non- hodgkins lymphoma.
My mother had a double wedding with her best friend.  My grandpa walked them both down the aisle.  He was fourteen years older than my grandmother...Here he is....62. He died at 74 from a heart attack.
 My parents. A few months before my mother died, she told me that I reminded her so much of my father.  I had never heard that before...smart and witty...OK, I will take that..
My father died at 74 from complications of TB
My mother died at 93 after falling out of her wheelchair and breaking her neck.
She had Parkinson's.

With all Lynsey's preparations for the birthday festivities...looks like her daddy is too sick to participate.
That is  the life.  Oh, nope...he got up and we sang Happy Birthday...whew..

For fun....:It did not take folks long to get this together...!!!




 

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Photographs make it possible to celebrate past joys and milestones. The black and white ones always hold a lot of good drama for me. Thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope your son has improved a little by now but I guess nothing will really settle until he has his dental visit. I too am having trouble with a tooth filled three months ago, won't bore you with the details but the outcome is a referral to a haematologist and a referral to he hospital oral service!! I too hate dentists!!