Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year....Please, God Willing....xo


Happy New Year
This is the first year I have ever spent alone with my son on New Year's Eve
It is very special and wonderful.  I have such gratitude!!
We also did our first selfie on the porch after he threw out a few fireworks.
There is fog and rain in Charlotte now,  Look how lovely the lights look.
Oregon has stellar wineries... In the mail, for my birthday came champagne for New Year's.
Talk about special, toasting the New Year with a gift from my daughter in Galway crystal This was a surprise from my man back in the day on his return from visiting his homeland.
Today has been a great day....all day...pinching myself to be sure..!!
I sewed.  Using up some scraps.from 3 projects ago...Square in a square.
With motivation from friends....I organized.
I know...I, me...Grandma O'Quilts...organizational impaired.
Organized!!!  Making parts for the "parts department" !!  Thank you Gwen and Freddie!!!!

Last week, Lynsey finished part one of her autobiography...
She sent it to three of her teachers for editing, Aunt Emily did the cover, Lynsey wrote her feelings all herself.  She was elated and felt empowered afterwards. All I did was let her use my computer in my sewing room.!! I am so proud of her.  Aunt Charmaine made copies...First Lynsey wants to be a teacher, then a baker, then a writer, now an actress!! 
For Lynsey, her booklet was an exercise in accepting herself and her history as it is.
She is rightfully very proud of herself.

A New Year post is not a post without Aoife...Aoife and her guard dog, Rosie!!!

It is now almost one am...2021.  Thank God!!
I feel relieved, elated.  I  know life is still hard. Somehow, I feel there just may be hope this year.
Having hope is an outstanding feeling... xo














!

 

5 comments:

Cherie said...

Happy New Year to you all. I hope it is a wonderful one. x

Michele Bilyeu said...

Happy New Year my dear friend. Love it so much that it is beginning with so much love and so much gratitude. And yes, I do think you see the genuine good your living through hard times and still loving your family so much has created. Happy New Year!
💜🕊💜

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy New Year Diane! Enter every day with a feeling of newness and expectation. Exit every night with thanks for all you have. 2021 is a clean slate right now and that feels so good.

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy to see that you had a happy New Year's Eve Diane and I bet you enjoyed the bubbles! Wishing a Happy and Healthy New Year to yourself and your family.

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday! Your Square in a Square blocks are delightful, and I love your attitude of peace, gratitude, and hope for the New Year.