Saturday, January 23, 2021

Happy Cold and Sunny Saturday

Sometimes it is just hard to navigate life..one day you have it all together, the next day disenchants.

Cousin Ann,  you are so the best.  My package came today bringing such great cheer.
As I grazed the site looking for bargains, I found things I loved at full price.
I am a great believer in the Marshalls logo:..(".Never, never, ever pay full price!")
But, this time, I just went for the joy!!
I have always wanted one of these bracelets...Lynsey said it was a bit funky. 
I said,  just like your grandma!!
A marvelous 10 inch square package of "Linen Texture" by
Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
Blue and white  yardage.
More funky fabric....
An adorable necklace that is so me.....

The thing about buying the jewelry for myself is that it shows hope.
For so long, I have felt, like the rest of the world...down and out, hopeless, overwhelmed.
Now, the election is over, I had my first Covid shot, Evan is doing well with his mother, Lynsey has excellent grades and Dylan has an marvelous teacher. I see a glimmer...joy...
I might even start brushing my hair again...(JJ) as in just joking!!!!

Daddy's girl here made her daddy a birthday cake!
First she made peanut butter cookies, then took Christmas truffles and frosting...
That girl...I have not had to do a thing today....and it is not my birthday.
Happy 36th birthday Eamon!!!

   Lynsey made her daddy French toast for breakfast while I was sleeping. He has a terrible, terrible tooth ache, so he has to eat soft.  His dental appointment is not until February 9, because of Covid. He has this aversion to the dentist, so he let it go too far. It is hard to see someone you  love in so much pain.

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Packages in the mail, especially fabric related are always fun and happy. The kiddos seem like they are flourishing and being kids. Celebrate the daily joys, hold on through the bumps.