Monday, January 4, 2021

Some Things are Pretty Nice

Lynsey, Stitch and Grandma playing Canasta for New Years!!

Aoife, 5 months, trying out her high chair.
Her mommy sad she is growing so fast...slow down life...slow down!!

Even at her advanced age, Grandma suffers from fabric hoarding.
I finished this scrap quilt top tonight.  I found the perfect backing but I could not use it, because I love it.  Dear me, I used the second choice...sigh...
It is for outreach. Improv is my favorite way to sew.
Tonight I discovered a good friend sick with Covid..two weeks already.
She still is exhausted and struggles to eat.  She said it is the worst disease she has ever had.
OMG...I am postponing my January cataract surgery.  Maybe April will be OK

I am tempted to buy fabric on the Hancock of Paducah holiday sale, the fabric is in the cart, I just did not  push buy.....It is better that way...as I look at it, it is not as fun as it was with impulsivity.
Tomorrow quarter three school pick up starts....I wonder what happened to quarter one and quarter  two.
In person school is supposed to start January 19. 2021.  Stay tuned. Our Covid numbers are hitting the sky.

A lovely purple bat scrap from a friend in Oregon!!
Love. just love....
Maybe I will read before bed.  It is only midnight.

The quote to live by, from Wanda
"Enter every day with a feeling of newness and expectation.
Exit every night with thanks for all you have."

Thank you Wanda...right on....!!




3 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy New Year, Diane. Wishing all the best to you in yours in 2021. I love the quote so much. The perfect words to live by.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nothing wrong with fabric hoarding Diane - I have a goodly stash also. The bat fabric is a wonderful colour, have you a plan for a quilt using this fabric? Excellent quote from Wanda!!

Mary Marcotte said...

Fabric hoarding? No one can hoard fabric! It's just not possible. You just never know when you'll need something you've saved. See? That's how that works. (Says the woman with more fabric than she can ever use. But she's not a hoarder.)
Happy New Year!