Sunday, January 31, 2021

Don't Worry Be Happy

 I realize now, that is not just me...Everyone has the  jitters now- a- days. I am working on my COVID get it together deal....Don't Worry, Be Happy

Made myself some new Design boards...YUP ..getting stuff done in isolation. They are cut from ceiling tiles at the hardware store...found in my garage...wahoo...Cut to size by my son..about 13" by 16"
My old ones were stapled batting to the boards.
This time, I am doing it easier.  I cut the batting exactly the size of the cut board, I sprayed the board with 505 batting spray, just to hold it.  Then, I covered the edges with my awesome, buy myself a present for the holidays...Colored Duct Tape...so worth it!!

Fixing Fabric Bleeds by Suzy  This is a good one..

I had terrible Crabby Mc Nasties  this morning...terrible.
As I sat grumbling at my computer, a smiling Dylan arrived with a treat he had made me..
I am such a lucky grandmother!!!
Tomorrow we are due for rain and sleet....all day...

Another happy....:
Thanks to an idea from Patti...Musical Gund elephant arrived in Portland in one day.
If Ellie gets one, Aoife gets one too!!!
Too bad I do know how to transfer a video from Whats App,...because it is darling to watch her laugh.

I put my sewing room into disaster mode again looking for some applique that was about 3 or 4 years old. When finally I found it, part had fallen off...

For Grandma's peace and quiet, they are playing Old Maid on the porch.
They are laughing, so my guess is that a rainy 39 degree day doesn't bother them much.
Here are my January finishes..
My son is working on the neighbor's car.
The children are outside running wild.
The dog is old, deaf and almost blind.
The cat is sneezing up a storm.
And, the frozen pizzas in the garage refrigerator are thawed and not frozen.
Want to eat them anyway, but I am nervous.  Hope that freezer is not broken.

My style is being real...Real is talking about life as it is., not hiding the hard stuff and only talking about the pleasant.  I am a happy person living with some tough stuff, that I like to share sometimes.
My son is now taking his darlings to get a burger and to help shop at Aldi.
I sent a list to both my son and my granddaughter's phones..
I ordered some black paper masks to double mask over the cloth ones I made.

I love my 37 year old PCP,  She has told me not to worry about Covid in Charlotte, just take precautions, because she is first on her practice list to be called into the hospital if they need doctors for Covid.  And she was still in the office....Oh..dear...yesterday, we tried for an appointment, and she is in the hospital for the month of January to help out.  Evidently the big hospital downtown has doubled its beds in rooms...so much need.

I am cozy inside.  There is a beautiful big fat Cardinal outside my sewing room window.
There is quiet in my house...
We keep on keeping on.










3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like a fine day. Getting stuff done in increments is ok. Today, all I wanted to get done is a border on the orange gray quilt. Made more mistakes than a person could imagine. I think my brain is revolting against multi tasking. A friend who has COVID pneumonia asked me to make her chicken soup, so I think I was split in too many directions and errors in the quilt were repeatedly made.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So important to take precautions even as we try to not worry too much. It's wonderful that you have a beautiful screened in porch. Perfect for air flow and socializing in a safe way.

Cherie said...

Oh wow, I love that porch. What an amazing space I have serious porch envy.