Sunday, January 17, 2021

Ups and Downs and all Arounds

Finally, a finish!!!  '
This finish is thanks to Good Vibe Sit and Sew and CQG Sit and Sew.
Zoom  Zoom Zoom
It was nice enough today to snip the threads outside.
This backing was bought at JoAnn's fabric, about 15 years ago. On the way to Pittsburgh to visit Emily at  Carnegie Mellon....DH always planned fabric stops, or antique stops along the way..
For me, it is like this fabric was waiting around to back this quilt.!!!
Here we go....evidently Portland is cold enough for a sort of "snow suit" without the snow.
(Grandma was wrong....again...This is not a snow suit. It is made with denim.)
And our girl no longer needs the car seat in order to take a ride in the carriage. 

As my Covid moods go up and down and crazy...
My son knows how to calm his mother....
"Max Daddy Hot Chocolate"....with chocolate chips...
I could not say "No"..
The very late December birthday present for my sister.
She works in a hospital on weekends so we do not see each other. (Covid)
She can see it here till I can drop it off at her  house.
Her favorite color...and it is two sided.
Sew She Can Is my very very favorite free tutorial site.
This is the  "10 inch fabric basket".
This is a three day weekend.  Kids staying up too late.
My son said...."I got this Mom"!!  Of course, that meant
kids cooking at midnight.
Dylan made brownies
Lynsey made crepes which turned out to be pancakes..
At one am....we went to bed.  Lynsey slept with me..I got slapped in the head a number of times as she sleeps like a wild animal.  Evidently Dylan does too...as my son reported being kicked around...
Kids are tough, but so worth it.
My son has now taken his children to a hill, to roll down and enjoy, just like he used to do as a kid.....

The very best saved for last:

Aoife and her daddy auditioning for the theater..
The Balancing Act.
Sooo adorable..









3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, the weather does not look bad at all. At the moment we have no snow either. The grandkids were hoping we were taking them sledding on their day off tomorrow, but doesn't work so good on grass.Congratulations on the finished quilt! Nice basket present!

Kiki said...

Loved this commentary thank you my friend

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice finish Diane!! colour, colour, colour!I'm sure your sister will be looking forward to having her fabric basket actually in her hand soon, fingers crossed but in the meantime until you cam catch up with her again it seems like the grandkids are keeping you pretty busy.
Wow, the balancing act looks a bit scarey!