Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A Good and Grateful Day

Finally done, my friends, 12 pencil pouches for teachers/ 25 pencils per pouch.  Not one pouch is perfect, just like people, but I did the best I could and I hope the teachers like them.  The kids will make tags: "Our family thanks you for being a teacher" and start passing them out after Thanksgiving. Most of these teachers have worked with all three children.  They all know our story and are sooooo great, going the second mile all the time!! I am so grateful.

I made a mistake using a few old metal zippers, thus candle wax eases the sticking.
I will not use those old zippers again!


  Our Aoife after her water class.  Aoife did not like it but her mother did!!!!
We have lived in this house well over 20 years. My Irish husband loved roses. In Miami, he had 80 different kinds in his garden.  This pink climber was the first rose he planted at this home in Charlotte.  Over the past 20 some years, often I had wanted to pull up the scrawny old thing...Glad I did not.  Every year a beautiful cluster of pink brightens my day, both in fall and then again in spring.
Lynsey listens in on everything. She overheard me tell someone that she does not cook like she  used to.
Next thing she shows me her white board of menus.
Last night she made a quiche to die for.  The best I have ever had..She homemade the crust and everything!!!

Today was a good day.  My doctor insisted I have my ankle and knee x-rayed at Urgent Care. I made an appt online, so no wait. Nothing broken but a bit of my spirit.  A good day since my car only conked out once idling at the bank and restarted immediately, a good day since the children had a half day school today, did all their chores and now are relaxing with friends online.  It was a good day with friends popping up with all kinds of support.  I do not feel so alone. The flood issue of  7 months has been 99% settled with the insurance and all the fall leaves are still shining in Charlotte.

I am feeling the hope today












3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good for you basking in a good day. Treasure these gems when it is stormy. Thank you for sharing such delights.

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

enjoyed your blog today

Mystic Quilter said...

We all need hope right now I think! You have been busy at the machine and good for Lynsey with menus all written up on the whiteboard - good girl. Yummy looking quiche!!! I'm happy to read that nothing was broken Diane, take things easy for a while.