Saturday, November 13, 2021

A Little is Enough

Aoife's daddy usually takes them for a before bed walk in the dark to the park.
Each darling is outfitted with a glow in the dark light.
Here is our Aoife with her dinner still in her cheeks.  She refuses to let it go...gotta  laugh.!!
Rosie and Aoife (still holding her dinner)

 Friday:  I so need a break....Not the broken bone kind. Grateful as I fell,  once again today.

There was a loose brick in the sidewalk which I did not see...due to a certain peppermint milkshake I was holding...Evidently there will be no multitasking for me ever again!! I tripped on the brick, and ended flat on the grass in tears.  no break, but a twisted ankle and a very hurt sense of pride!!  Those poor guys from next door were joined by the two basketball players on the court next door.  They got me up...TBTG  Tonight I hurt all over.

Because of my craziness this week with two falls, I did ask the boys what they were doing tomorrow...I booked them, just in case it is true that 3 times is the charm!! (I am using the walker now to prevent number three while I heal.)

Good things today are:  Our rugs were finally put down after the flood 7 months ago.  The children were a great help...they were off school for the holiday. Dylan  had his first Covid shot, so far, no problem. My  hair dresser came to my driveway and cut my hair.. Tomorrow the cleaning lady comes, a friend visits and the children leave at four to spend the weekend with their mother. Sat and Sunday I will read and rest.  Sew?  Hope I will be able to.

Saturday:  Feeling a bit better, but still on 4 Ibuproben for each dosage.  My darling grandchildren both now have developed middle school mouths...I had begged Dylan not to grow up like that...but...all my hopes fell on deaf ears. In three months I will have a 12 year old and a 13 year old.  Both kids told me that they are oh, so good out with others, just like to take it all out on old grandma...I get it......but,.....

They have now left with my sister for the morning, then off to their mother's for the rest of the weekend.

An old lumpy log cabin flimsy is better than showing no quilt at all!!!!!

Three weeks after my husband's death, I went to a workshop at UNCC to keep my license.  There I bumped into Margaret and took her workshop on Soul Collage. Thank you Margaret!!!!
I made two. Cutting magazing pictures out, below is me...looking at bleak life after the death of my man.
Here is my husband escaping the bear of ALS, flying high with freedom from his pain.


Now, I insist in this quiet evening, I will finish my teacher pencil pouches...I insist, to myself.






1 comment:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Sprain ankle, that hurts I had one a few weeks ago limping around. I had an old shoe from when I broke my leg that helped. I did lots of ice, I finally did go to the dr after 4 days and xray showed a bad sprain. Take care and keep your leg up.