Friday, November 26, 2021

More Blessings

Janet,  you are a dear.  Quilting things always bring me cheer!!

Look what she was able to let go of...How could she??  So grateful she did.
In the wash as we speak!  Awesome African fabrics.
My favorite flowers....Thank you Linda!!
And from Portland...Thanksgiving joy!!
OK   I see, we just  help ourselves xo  Good idea, Aoife!

Holidays are rough when grief seeps through the cracks.  Yesterday, my sister helped by bringing us a pre-made dinner from the grocery store.  Nice to have a  sister.
Turkey soup in in process now!! 
Kids are in the mountains with their mom and step-dad!
Three, Eleven, Twelve and Sixteen!!!
Took my new car on a spin today.  Twenty miles per hour...at first, then up to 40!!  How brave I am.  I had not even left the neighborhood when a yellow triangle light started its whine...OMG.  I waved  down a neighbor....He said that the trunk was not fully shut....My slow learning curve. 
Oh, well....Still pinching myself and grateful for my anonymous benefactor...made my world a better place. My sister came for the old car and it would not start..Now she is afraid to be stranded and will not drive it.

One of my favorite embroideries from  my  grandmother.
I have  had it for years and  years.  My sister wanted it.. I did not want to share, but it is way past her turn. I gave it to her.
Today is 2 weeks since my fall.  I was able to do way more things...I am still exhausted.
However, it is great to be up and at 'um...It is a blessing.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Keep moving, even baby steps. Getting stronger will bring more confidence. Good to see the kids happy! Sometimes when my car buzzes at me, it drives me crazy. Now that it is cold, when it gets to 37, it sets off a big message that it is cold enough for ice, watch out, big beeps and flashes. Really, I need something to message that to me? Thanks for sharing!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe your old car just needs a new battery...a simple fix.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those are lovely things. I have planned to make a millefiori quilt but it is a challenge. I am glad you are getting stronger every day.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Hello, it is 4:30 am here and can't sleep because I am worrying.Congrats on the car and your foot is getting better. Love this embroidery. Lots on my mind and can't do anything about it but pray. Glad you are getting family and let them spoil you.