Monday, November 8, 2021

A New Day Rises

New plaid skirt for Aoife made by her mother for the pumpkin patch!  Aoife smiles with her mouth open!!

Lynsey all sad from not being able to go to Alabama with her brother...But, look what he brought her!!

When I am  down and out, here comes Aoife!!!! She cheers the day!!
Learning to love the sewing machine, just like the rest of us!!
The girls on a walk in the Portland woods.
Aoife playing in the autumn leaves

Yesterday, I survived my husband's birthday...Sigh.
I miss him way too much.
Big thanks for the friends who help keep me sane!!
Big thanks to my sister for all her help and to my girl and her girls for all the pictures.
Old car has broken down, now in the shop.  Workmen in our house fixing and repairing what I cannot do
.
Gratitude for no broken bones when I fell last night...
TBTG that I bounced...good side of the new weight gain...Bad side, it took 3 neighborhood men to lift up my ancient dead weighted body to the preferable standing position.
Kids were scared...but, here I am for yet another day.

I have to miss the pool and lunch with friends, etc...with  no car and workmen here...
Lucky,  lucky me to have friends with contacts so I can get these things done. There is a shortage of workers, never mind good ones.

Going to chill tonight...Ha Ha...nothing new!!
Tomorrow's goals will be to finish teacher pencil bags.  Sit outside under a quilt or two, to read.
Many naps, etc.

No sewing today, but my friends took down the Halloween quilt and hung this instead.
This was a block in a box from forever ago.  It was made by me and friends and quilted by Heather Larson as a gift for  me.
I love to see it hanging.
















3 comments:

Helene Knott said...

Lovely blog Diane. Filled with sadness and joy. Grandchildren are the promise of our future and that we will not be forgotten; that we made a difference. We should be leaving a better world for them.

Mystic Quilter said...

How lovely are your photographs of the girls!! Both Aoife and Lynsey are growing up so quickly.My goodness, so sorry to read about your nasty fall Diane, you were so lucky not to have had serious injuries. Hope you're feeling recovered now.

jane said...

Hope you are feeling better. Take it easy and then go sew!