Sunday, November 28, 2021

My 2 am Post

 I sleep until noon.  Then I am up till one am or maybe 2 am...That is the time when crazy hits...But, now I rescue myself with the love of making potholders.

From beloved African scraps!!
Of course, in order to lose myself in creative fun, the pristine environment (ha ha) in my sewing room, in seconds can become like this....So worth it xo
Below, the grand boys on their vacation.
Evan is 16 and Dylan is almost 12.  When Evan and actually Eamon (their father) were in 6th grade, they all looked Dylan's size and never dreamed they would really grow...Amazing.

The children loved this horse at the place they rented in the mountains.
The boys again...What a difference 4 and a half years makes.
A great picture of my XDIL and her husband. TBTG everyone gets along.xo

My house is a disaster.  So need Ms Stephanie back to organize me.  Alas, I talked to her the other night and she said she keeps getting hired places and then she cannot work...That  damn heart attack!!!
I need a lot of things.  My new walking walker for exercises needs to be assembled. (That is assuming that I will recover from this fall business)  S L O W is a tough thing. A picture needs to be  hung.. I need help problem solving.  I could try a lot of it, but with my leg all iffy, I am afraid I will fall again.  I am not allowed to call that capable person who could do it all...as he has his own road to walk.  

The children are  back from the mountains tomorrow.  Dylan already has a list ready to help his grandmother...TBTG for the darlings.
God willing, 13 days until our Aoife comes for the holidays!! I am trying to find things around the house for her to play with...She will be 17 months... I want to be the grandmother to give her her first  lolli-pop, alas, her father says NO!!!
I am counting the days, as I say...God willing.


My birthday  is coming up in a few weeks.  Last night my husband whispered to me that I should pick up a few quilty snippets online/ Black Friday....presents from him.
I demured and then....and then I did it...frugal, but  fine, very fine!!
Thank  you Honey xoxo

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Keep sewing. Don't worry about the mess unless it is in danger of tripping you. Build up those leg and core muscles- lots of easy exercises on Youtube. I am glad you continue to post such wonderful photos and thoughts.

Mystic Quilter said...

You do have some exciting fabrics in the potholders Diane, stunning.
Thank you for sharing your photos with us, and good for Dylan already having prepared a list all ready to help you, good boy. I'm so happy that at last you will meet Aoife and be reunited with your daughter and son in law.