Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Being Thankful

Fretting and fretting, thinking once again that I am in charge of this universe.  Such an uncomfortable fantasy!  I know I am doing the best I can, but is it enough??
Arguing with God about my fall and why I am not yet better!!

Making things for the holiday season for others who have beens so good to me.  Then worrying again, that I have sent no thank  you notes...so many good people, and no thank you notes at all from me..
The holidays are hard this year without my son.

Then...then...how does God answer my fretting?????? 
 By sending an angel to help me with a new car.
Me??  Me?? 
I was afraid to drive it.  It has no key, just a button. I have had my old one for 14 years....The new one  has  a skylight.  I never thought I would have one of those before I bit the dust!!! 
 Out of the blue came blessings..

 I am giving the old car to my sister who shares the one she has with her family.
Above are some gifts to kind people....6 grocery bag bags.  ( I should have made 600)  Three karate ones, and others for others...Mostly for folks who help the children.
The darlings have gone to the mountains with their mother.
I am organizing my sewing room.
Feeling peaceful at this moment. 
Feeling grateful for friends.
Feeling grateful for peace.
Feeling grateful for sewing.
xo 



 

4 comments:

myrtovl said...

I feel the same as you whenever I have to change car, I’m always afraid to try to drive a new car. Now my son is trying to persuade me to get an automatic one because my car is too old and I haven’t decided yet… does your son leave too far now? I hope he is happy there!
Myrto

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you have many things to be grateful for. May your blessings continue.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good for the mind, body and soul to be grateful. Congratulations on your new car. Today is my mother in laws birthday. She died in 1995 at only 66 and I am 67. How I wish she was here for Thanksgiving. Every day is a gift, some hard, some glittering. People rarely thank someone for anything. I always consider it a bonus if they do. I tried to teach my kids to always send a card or acknowledgement. It blesses you when you thank someone.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love your car - we know you are grateful