Monday, November 29, 2021

Trying to Walk With Grace Through the Tough Times

 The beginning of the season for us.   Same friendly "Thanksgiving Cacti" that have lived under our bench outside for years.  Gotta get a white one soon.  I love them so.

My grandmother' candelabra that used to be in her bedroom window for years and years. probably 70 years or more .  A fond memory.  It is only recently that  I have come to realize that the antique bulbs are so hot.  We have been so lucky in the past that those lace curtains in Grandma's window never caught fire. This year they are in my kitchen window on tile.  Memories are so very sweet.
 
Potholder process number three with my African fabric.
My gut wrenching worry about having to take my machine in now, before Christmas was alleviated this evening when I realized that the sewing machine does well without the walking foot...sigh.
None of us are doing too well since Thanksgiving without my son. On and on it goes.  Also, I think my last fall was more hurtful than I had thought.  I am a bit on the lightheaded side...UGH!

I do not dare go to the pool  tomorrow, so  I am  going on an outing with a friend  in order to seize the day and not stay in bed forever.

My grandmother's old Sorry board, still in  use.
Lynsey wanted to play tonight.  Not only did she set this up, but also, this:
Canasta.  I said only one game, but we ended up doing both.

My  new car has been mine for one week now.  Gotta get the energy to take it to mechanic to have the steering wheel adjusted with not so much play and have the step removed from the side so I can get into the car with my arthritis.  Lynsey has a hoot of a time watching me get used to this fancy new car.  The back up screen is a life saver as I am lucky not to have killed anyone before...!!!

I am just so very tired.  I appreciate everyone's support and kindness as our family adjusts to our situation. My guess with the Covid issues, the rest of the world is stressing too...Those that stay informed, that is...Of course we do look forward to Aoife's visit in 11 days...Amazing!!! 
 Amazing Grace!!

Happy Hannakuh my friends.




6 comments:

shoshu said...

Diane, that saying just about says it all doesn't it? thank you for sharing it

shoshu said...

you're doing a fantastic job, not just trying to go with grace but encouraging me to copy you!!! thank you

Julierose said...

Sending prayers for you during this difficult time of year...I love that candelabra...so calming....and so full of sweet memories...
hugs Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

When is the last time you had a physical and had your Vit. D and Vit. B levels checked? When they are low, it is tired city. I would go get some bloodwork and check up- you have a lot to be responsible for. Praying you get some help and energy. Love the cactus, the window and the lights!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your items like the candles and the Sorry game are so sweet - with memories attached. Sounds like a very challenging time right now - you have a lot to hold and you do it with a lot of grace.

Mystic Quilter said...

The window display is heart warming, and you have your memories each time you take a look at the candles. So sorry to read that life has been difficult having missed your son over Thanksgiving especially, sometimes it seems we never have any relief but you have your dear friends and your two grandchildren with you. Very wise to give the pool a miss if you're feeling so tired and woozy, I hope you enjoy the outing! Think of that in 11 days you'll be meeting Aoife, what a joy that will surely be.
The words shared at the bottom of your page are so, so true Diane.