Saturday, April 8, 2023

Easter Eve

Aoife, my youngest grandchild, enjoys Easter, seriously!!!
The glory of it all!!
I so love tulips at Easter!

Tonight's craving for egg salad lead me to this apparatus passed down from Grandma to me.
It's worn green wooden handle still does its job well

The bags of jelly beans that my sister brought me are now hidden all over my apartment.  Some sugar desperate day, I will find one and remember my sister with kindness.
Tonight I took my cane and walked the 6 minutes expected of me.  I did not like it, but I did feel stronger after.

From Portland Marketplace came this playhouse for Aoife for $25.  Her daddy cleaned it up and assembled it today.  Inside all the walls were hornet nests...OMG  He drove it home in his van that  way..

Happy Easter, Aoife!

Monday, the quilt group here is having a show and tell of fabric items made, but not quilts.
I am taking these.  The little bowl where I keep the machine feet I currently am using, was cut from my man's sports jacket. and, of course the purse was made from his washable suede coat...A friend at the meeting told me that if I spot the stains with Blue Dawn, they will come out...So my husband wore this jacket for 20 years and the purse is 7 years old.  ALL the stains came out especially the awful one...Thank you so much Miriam.. !!!  She was my first friend at my new complex.



I feel peace.  I am so grateful for friends online and in person who have held me up during troubled times.  An infusion of gratitude like the season.



No comments: