Thursday, April 20, 2023

Relaxing Sewing

 Not exactly art, but a fun, funky potholder for the house computer guy who came to my rescue  the other day.  Click on the fabric to see it.  Linda and I had a hilarious day going through one of my scrap boxes.   I found this computer scrap there. I do know that  using Marcia Derse on a potholder seems a waste...but it was so joyful!

This is a scrap potholder too...Again, Marcia Derse....an orphan block.

My daughter comes on Friday to sew with me.  Absolute joy.  She is only staying two days, but it will be a wonderful two days.
I am sooo very lucky.
My grandchildren are doing poorly in their new school.  They miss the familiar feeling and friends of the old school..I feel a bit guilty, but...transition is part of life...hopefully making us all stronger.
And so it  goes...


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Using the Marcia Derse fabric is the right thing to do. It goes so well with lots of other prints. I'm going to start mixing mine in with Kaffe prints soon. That computer fabric is so cute. I hope he gets a good chuckle from it.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my goodness; I love that computer fabric! It is like a cheat sheet to understanding all of the abbreviations in my sons' text messages that totally mystify me! I'm glad your daughter enjoys sewing with you and hope you had a great time together. As for the children struggling in school, well, as hard as it is to be a kid going through it, it definitely breaks your heart to watch a child or grandchild having a hard time and not being able to do much of anything about it. They are resilient, though; it just may take some time. Hugs!