Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Grey Pebbles in the Sun

 



So much fun with a few friends today...lunch and sewing in my tiny studio.
I finished my bunnies.  It is almost Easter, so I only made 3.  My friends measured my mattress, etc, so I can go buy a new one tomorrow.  I have had mine for 25 years and it shows.  We had so much fun.

PT this morning was exhausting.  I kept telling him that I could not do what he was asking.  He insisted and I did it, but dear me did I want whiskey after.  Tonight I was told to walk 5 minutes with my cane.  I could not do it without the walker....I will not freak out because tomorrow  may be a better day physically.
Tonight Charlotte Quilters' Guild was on Zoom.  So nice to see friends.
A full fun day, just some sadness on my achy joints and my balance are so off.
Nine days to the 8 year anniversary of my love's death from ALS

I am trying to think of what I could do to mark the date.  My guess is that he would want me to "just go sew" ! I embroidered my bunny eyes by hand and have finished the top of Meadowland but the borders.

There are signs everywhere saying that we have such a low Covid count that no one has to wear a mask any more.. The hospital where my sister works also is no longer demanding masks. Sew sewing friends, come on over!!

Below, Sherry and Linda explaining where they lived in Michigan.  Hilarious!!


Yesterday. I wanted to stay in the day and not fret about tomorrow nor to regret the past.
Sitting on the porch, I watched the full moon rising.



A spiritual experience as I realized, once again, how huge it all is.
Time flies so quickly, 
 and such a grain of sand am I.


2 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

Wasn't that moon amazing? I too am trying to stay in the day. Looking ahead is too unsettling for me. Right now I am trying to find my sewing mojo again. Maybe it's on that pile of fabric by my machine.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looking up always shifts perspective as it breaks the hold of tyranny of the noisy. I am so thrilled you are doing the hard thing- the PT- it will really pay off in the long run. I have been in PT most of my adult life for various things and consistency and perseverance pay dividends.