Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas Eve…in Portland

  



      OMG  OMG  African fabric sale for $3.49 a yard….Need has nothing to do with it…Collecting fabric and sewing fabric are two different passions….sigh…. I could not help myself…

http://FABRICSONSALE.COM

Just saying…got so excited….Hopefully a bit will be awaiting me once I am home.

The 16 patches I finished while visiting here.:  I was going to sew them together as one patches when I remembered the Marcia Derse, the Australian and the Africana fabric I have at home…Once more..excitement at fabric….So I am waiting….also did a potholder top with the scraps.

Always keeping a few hexes in my bag.  I am glueing them now.
It goes way faster than thread.  I press them with a.hot iron to set them and plan to stitch them together with a sewing machine!!


My girl made Aoife a new Christmas stocking.
All quilted and lovely

Aoife pushing cookie treats to the neighbors

Getting ready to go

My poor sister is spending Christmas Eve alone in the hospital CMC main with her daughter.
Alexis has had an allergic reaction to the chemo and will not be released until she can keep food down.
So stressful for our family.  This is a mucus type of ovarian cancer.
All the hospital restaurants are closed.
I feel so sad for them both.

Aoife and Rosie waiting for Santa

Home made crackers.

A lovely evening with my girl and her girl and her man…of course  I am wrapped in a woolen blanket by the new fireplace
Merry 
Christmas
Eve





3 comments:

Karen said...

You are having a magical Christmas! So envious that you are able to be around people you love and love you back. Enjoy and cherish every moment.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am so thrilled you could spend this Christmas with your granddaughter who is normally so far away!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a treat to be in Portland with your daughter's family.
Merry Christmas!