Saturday, December 30, 2023

The Good, the Very Good

 First up, my friends, is the visit and dinner with one of my favorite quilt artists, Mac Barnes
 The process he is showing here is from the left over T-shirt quilt he made with the YMCA shirts.
These were lefover knits he had already reinforced with fusible interfacing.

https://www.instagram.com/macbarnes.art/
Mac  uses:
Pellon P44F fusible interfacing for his T-shirt quilts.

It is always delightful to have quilty talks with Mac.
 He will be teaching a T-shirt class in the above workshop series.
You can watch it for free, or you can pay $49 like I did, and watch the 30 workshops forever.

Below:  a picture of my 37 year old niece.  She is in the spectrum and has recently been diagnosed with Mucus Ovarian cancer.  Below she wears a chemo hat specially made for her by my friend Sally Cato, 


And what my Portland family does, the minute I leave.
The cold does not bother them a bit!!!!
Christmas deliciousness.....frozen cranberries with a Rosemary tree, out of the freezer, enjoyed with Champagne for a treat

Lucky me...A recipient, once more , of a beautiful piece of Christmas original art from Linda Swanecamp.
Mrs. O'Quilts  has recovered some from her trip...enough to make four blocks of Railway scrap patch

The progression of a baby quilt:
At age 3. Aoife's first card to her grandmother. 

A few days ago, when I first landed from the red eye, Portland to Charlotte, I was in such joint pain and so exhausted, that I thought I would have to tweak my obituary.
Two days resting and deep breathing, a bit of pool and a bit of walking.
I am better...motivated to sew tonight and check out a good book from our library.
Even though my body rebelled from the damp cold weather in Portland, my heart was warm with family.  It was a wonderful way to get ready for a New Year.




3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm so happy you made the trip to be with family and that you got home safely. You live in such a wonderful place with the pool. A new year almost here now, and new daily fun at the sewing machine or maybe just petting fabric.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So glad you could go see your daughter and granddaughter. Thanks for enjoying the card. Just keep on moving and working on being strong and it will pay dividends.

Rosa said...

Happy new year! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Take good care of yourself in the new year!