Monday, December 18, 2023

Portland and More

 

At three and a half years old our Aoife is smart as a whip…so quickly they learn at this age
At Powell’s book store, I found this interesting book….a forward and preface about epidemics and art from the Covid chaos.


Look who found a spot for herself at Bolt fabric store….Nice of them to have a children’s corner with handmade dolls.
Below an interesting  story:  I joined Pan Am in April 1969.  For at least 3 or 4 years, one of these wooden Santas and later wooden snowmen graced the dinner tray of each economy passenger…How flying in the yesteryear differs so much from flying now.  I found these decorating all the door molding of this Portland antique home.  My SIL has an eye for whimsy.


Next story:   After working for the airlines for 20 some years, I am well aware of airplane cancellations or delays…weather or mechanicals…So I brought cheese and pretzels in my carryon bag…just in case……Well!!!!
I was pulled out of line at the airport security because the “cheese” looked. Like an explosive and had to be scanned by an anti-explosive device.  Hmmmm. Over 75 years , old folks no longer have to take off their shoes…wowow


Random old lady standing outside Bolt….the fabric store walkable from my girl’s house.


Doing my part to keep Portland weird!

Finally Aoife’s hair is long enough for ponytails.

The birthday party in Portland.  Both my sister and I have December birthdays.
Aoife loves birthday parties


Back in Charlotte….a great family Christmas picture…love…

My sister leaves tomorrow night.  Her daughter has her first chemo for cancer on Friday.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

How nice to get to celebrate your birthday with your daughter's family. It looks like you are having a great time.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Lovely photos! Prayers and blessings for your sister's daughter and may you all have a glorious Merry Christmas!