Wednesday, January 31, 2024

One More Day of Gratitude

Looky, looky what my eye spied.....red flowers from an African fabric large print.
Today, my Accuquilt 6.5 inch die showed up...wahooooo.  I cut these out so fast.
Scrap quilting is the best!!

I have shown this pink Railroad quilt before, but now the binding is finally on...Done is the word, my favorite word!!


This Alexander Henry fabric of years ago stayed hoarded in my stash forever.
Cutting it up for a backing was torture for me...but oh, so perfect for this baby quilt.

Here are some fairy close ups:

Zoom meetings and podcasts allowed all of the above to be finished ..a joyous miracle.

The dermatologist did some carvings on my face today. I complied because I love the doctor, and, of course it was the right thing to do. 2024 check list:  dentist, check.....dermatologist, check...next appointment will be eye check up..OMG, scheduled!

After that a lunch with friends who still stand by my old and wobbly self was medicine for my soul.

Was going to drop off a cuddly item for my niece on the way home, but more allergies to IV chemo had sent them back to the clinic for IV fluids and a different anti-nausea medication.
Now, I find out that a Mucus Ovaraian cancer is found in young people...yikes!!
Looks like what is left of my family is pulling together for my niece...a warm feeling of gratitude.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the bright and cheery photos this morning. The red flowers are just gorgeous on the first one. I love the pink quilt and the backing is so perfect.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful, bright colors of fabric that just bring a smile. Know what you mean about scheduling all those dr. appts. Finally got my OB physical done after,um, a long time. I think doing it one at a time is the only way I can do it. Thanks for sharing your work.