Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Sewist Sews...

 Evidently the word "sewist" was coined to include the many men who are sewing now.

Good morning Grandma's girl!!

In the mail today came a delightful package from my creative daughter.:
For her mother, she made a tea advent calendar 
It is adorable.  Perfect to keep me going.  It will start on New Years Eve.
And I will sip one cup a day...probably share it with Lynsey.
The basket of joy!!! (much better than laundry)
Two grumpy friends sat on the porch...6 feet apart wearing masks
They were so cheered by fondling fabric that soon, they laughed and talked.
.  I took a wide sweep of my messy sewing tables, 
dumping it all in the basket.
 We organized a bit of my mess into labeled bags.
A person always thinks that they have seen all the fabric in the world...
.Until one goes through another quilter's stash!!!!

The Crabby Mc Nasties...all gone with fabric therapy.
Grumpy turns to glee all thanks to a fabric friend.
Well this little four patch experiment needs quite a bit of tweaking.
That, of course is the fun of it.!!
To get the balance I want, probably means two corners snowballed, rather than just one.

Never lonely in the sewing room.
Tonight, Stitch is hanging in the solids....
Two days until 2021.
I will monitor my hope.......!!!!!

I really should go to bed...But, I stay in bed till about noon, and stay up till 2 am.
My routine has been screwy for years...about 5, at least..

Thanks to Peter for for the reminder here:






1 comment:

Bridget said...

You are making your fun in the moment. No plans or expectations, just surprises. Let's hope they are all nice ones this year.