Saturday, April 10, 2021

Midnight Musings

Covid is making this extrovert a bit anxious.  Tonight I treated myself to a bit of reproduction fabric.
When it came, I was thrilled...so much cheaper than therapy.

Look what my girl made for her Aoife.  Be still my heart that my Emily can sew.
Praying that Lynsey and the boys will pick it up too.
I am auditioning the border for my son's quilt.
Should have the top done tomorrow during our Good Vibes Sit and Sew
It is on my UFO list...a long time coming.

 I have several yards of blue fabric I did not order that came to me with no invoice.  I do not know if it was a mistake or a gift.  I do not know whether I have to keep them in the UPS bag or if I should take them out, wash them and put them in my stash. Maybe I should call the neighbors to see if I got theirs by mistake? I have emailed the people at the return address...no answer.  So the lovelies just keep sitting on the dining room table with a big question mark on them....???
What to do , what to do.???  Will I have to return them??
Tonight I am eating brownies.  God help me. My friends will soon call me Hippo.

The roofer gave me a $7000 estimate for the roof leaking repair.
The vet bill is awful as Zoe has kidney failure and Stitch has an eye tumor.
Guess I have to cut it out on the fabric spending.
Cruising Etsy is probably not the best bet for me now.
Staying in the day, saying a prayer and being so grateful for my friends xoxo
Missing my grands.



4 comments:

Julierose said...

Sorry that the anxiety has hit you--I am feeling a bit better since we've gotten our 2nd shot...still being very cautious though. It is a scarey time for sure....
I agree--cruising Etsy or online fabric sites is dangerous !!:000

Those two blue fabrics are so lovely...hope you can add them to your stash....

Nice border you've chosen for the squares quilt--that will look so great!!

Sending Hugs for a more serene weekend....("breathe", my Mom used to say to me, when that anxiety overcame me!) Julierose

Cherie said...

I love the blue fabric it ind of looks French. Hope that your anxiety lifts and you are feeling a bit chirpier. It crossed my mind that the children's mum must miss them terribly when they return to you too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I've done some fabric therapy too. Your quilt is coming along quite nicely. That is pretty fabric. I figure if it has your name on the package, you can keep it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have been trying to stick to a low carb diet, so nothing for desserts for me. I try not to even think about it. My latest fabric therapy was buying a bolt of solid white on line. When it came Friday, they sent me a 108" one instead of the 45" one and somehow I have to get it back to them, but I don't want to pay the postage. Keep on staying in the day. There will always be something to fix. Thanks for sharing the photos.