Thursday, April 8, 2021

Peekaboo Star Top Done

 Peekaboo Star top done from stash and scraps..
Linda's 15 minutes of help...my clean cutting board. (sorry Jean Piaget)
First time a friend has been in my house in a year...windows all open.
Every night my son's home from working on cars.
Get out of my sewing room...OMG!!!
My father used to be an airplane mechanic.
Today, my goodness, was a Clematis family reunion!!
Below is one of my favorite batiks.  I have cut it with great humility for the back of the Peekaboo quilt.
My first instinct was to save it, as I love it so...Ha Ha Ha...I almost forgot how old I am.

So it goes...My vacation is extended for another 10 days.
The children will be staying  with remote learning at their mother's house.
Too bad since in-person school starts on Monday and they were really looking forward to that.
I guess a bit of isolation is not the end of the world. No one will forget 2020-2021!!

Next up on the design wall, is my son's quilt.  It was started 2 years ago as a surprise for Christmas, then for his January birthday, etc...same thing this past year.  Now, I have put it on my UFO list to finish!
He wants wool batting and flannel backing. OK, then...I have both already, no excuses!!
The borders and sizing the width is next.
I am now reading, Eleanor in the Village. 
I will not start something new....Well, maybe those 4 inch 4 patch scraps!!!






2 comments:

Julierose said...

Your Peek-a-Boo doggy stars are so adorable!! Love them!! ;)))
and--I think your son's quilt is just perfect--very masculine...
nice works hugs, Julierose

Teresa said...

A cute quilt. I need to start a baby boy quilt and you have inspired me to do something like this for him.