Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Splendid Day

The "Thank you" post card I made for Vickie.
She received it today....so I am showing it now.
Vickie sent me two lovely surprise gifts a few weeks back.
She is a retired math teacher and a leader of our band.
I glued the fabric to card stock and quilted that with my free motion foot.
Then I glued that to my postcard backing and did the blanket stitch around.
I used a school glue stick.

I was really excited last night to see Lynsey interested in choosing charms for a project.
Today was a different day.  Their father took them to the skateboard park.
She came home with several skinned areas and a sore ankle.  She said that the the boo-boos were worth it. The entrance to the park would have been denied unless they had helmets and knee and arm pads.
So, of course, Grandma got those. 
I am so trying to explain to both of them how sewing is safer...Forget the charms...evidently skateboarding is more fun!!!
I would love for the children to go to summer school.
They would not love it at all.  I made a deal that they would read 30 minutes every day with no mouth nor attitude.  They agreed....We will see.  We are going to start by reading this book...each of us together.
One of the wonderful karate teachers they studied with for four years wrote the book.
I bought it tonight on Amazon. 
 Go Ms Gomez, Mam!!!!  We love you so. xo

Tired of being inconvenienced by my age related issues, online I ordered two magnetized grabbers.
They fold up for my sewing cart. ( grabbers)
Cinco de Mayo is my mother's birthday.  This year she would have been 100. We have decided to celebrate by making a Mexican dinner that night. So exciting...so far..cheese enchiladas and guacamole by me.  Cheese crisps by her daddy. Salsa by Lynsey, dessert by Lynsey and hopefully someone will help Dylan make chicken and bean burritos...Maybe even Mexican rice....Wahoo.
Lynsey had better make our lists. She has been grumpy all day because she is 10 assignments behind in Social studies.  She got behind when she was at her mother's house for two weeks with Covid.  She was too tired. Now she keeps putting it off and being grumpy.  She did one tonight. She has two and a half weeks to go, but more assignments come every day. Sigh...Somehow Tik Tok is a more appealing task than making up work so she can pass her social studies.

Dylan graduates from elementary school in 3 weeks or so.  Each time this happens, the child goes out to eat just with his parents...It is a big deal. Maybe it can still happen for him outside at a place he likes.
Just heard from Emily.  Evidently Aoife got some soap in her eye and screamed for an hour.  Her daddy googled what to do.  The answer was to put a drop of breast milk in the eye.  Wow, who would have thought that.  Immediately, Aoife stopped crying.
I made my son hide my 3 pound bag of Dove chocolate. Now I cannot find it and the chocolate cravings are terrible....Grandma is trying to be a big girl.  It is so hard.

A good day today.  My hairdresser came to my driveway to cut my hair.
I finally went back to my exercises.
It was 84F today and will be 88F tomorrow..no humidity yet.
A splendid day in the Carolinas.








 

3 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW --lucky you to have a drive-up hairdresser!! I've been pony-tailing mine for a while now--but this does give me headaches...I NEED a good haircut but am still hesitant to go to a salon...(even though I am fully vaccinated, it still gives me pause!!).
Cute postcard you made,, I've never tried that...

It sounds like you have a busy house there ... Covid surely has had quite a negative impact on schooling hasn't it? Tough catching up for kids...
hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You should have told your son to leave you one chocolate a day by your sewing machine instead of just hiding the bag. Maybe you can make a new deal with him.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like a lively time at your place. I find that the longer I go without sugar, the less I crave it. The minute I start eating it, I crave some more. Currently I have switched to a very low carb menu and all my joints are doing an applause. It is in the high 50's here so all the blossoms are lasting a bit longer.