Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Grandma O'Quilts and Her Miscellanious

 Am I lazy or does a one patch have a charming charachter of it s own?
Looking over my UFOs, I found this...
Now, who would put away a UFO without the missing pieces kept with it?  Who???
Found with a little help from my friends..
AMH fabric strips...a little joy gift from a friend, lucky me
C is for cat..poster from NYC 1972, now supervising the fish!
We can still eat outside and have fun, you know!!!
My house has been in neglect ever since my husband died and my son left.
The other night, I found seat covers for $10 on Amazon...wahoo. 
Every day, a new beginning
Sad news that the children's pet ferret died.  It escaped right out the door at their mother's house.
There were such hysterics, that their mother bought them another one...2 months old.
My girl and her girl at the ice cream store in Portland.
Evan, first day of 11th grade!!
Tula charms from my neighbor.  Sooo nice!!
Linda and Gary fix my gate..and lift my spirits.
Never too  young to start sewing...Eh...Aoife!!
First day of middle school, 2021 and, old enough to walk to the bus stop without me...wahoo!!
Today, Sherry put together my new red shelves....Walmart specials!!
Unfortunately they have a shelf limit of 15 pounds.
Well, guess who exceeds that one himself alone??
Sooo nice to have a guy around the house who loves to assemble things.
Voila our new Greenworks batteried weedcutter and blower....same battery for both.
And, Dylan has already plugged it into its charger!!!

Whew...TBTG for school not only starting, but flourishing.
Just for today.










5 comments:

shoshu said...

so glad to hear from you again, i missed you! honestly, i don't know how you manage all the ups and downs, don't you long from just dull normal, whatever that was................

Teresa said...

I like your scrappy one patch quilt. Simplicity in design makes a beautiful comfort quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great to see all kinds of terrific people involved in your life.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like one patch quilts too. I started one with squares this week - I will post it on my blog tomorrow. I am glad you found your missing row. That is a really pretty quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy that things are going well for you Diane - apart from the ferret escaping! I'm a fan of one patch quilt and love your second quilt, is it wall size? Scoring gifted AMH strips is wonderful.