Sunday, August 1, 2021

My Victories

 

My grands are staying with their mom until Tuesday.
Oh, dear, who will take the garbage up the hill for me, for Tuesday pick-up.
Alas, I had forgotten myself and my cane.

Everyone tells me to exercise...so....this...for those of you who think I am a wimp!!
Up my long hill my cane and I went....TWICE....with garbage and then recycle. I had to stop 6 times with each, but I did it. (And, all the pulling was done with my shoulder that was totally replaced!!!!)  See the grey and the green bins at the top of the street!!! Pulled by Grandma O'Quilts!!
I am not hurting yet...so a victory!!

A lovely call from my girl and her girl uplifted me so, that I cleaned the kitchen!!
With my new found energy, I now want to hang some quilts on the walls, but I do not dare.  A little voice inside my head tells me not to be a fool!!

Aoife's daddy put some of her toys on the kitchen island, so she can play while her mommy is doing something else besides adoring her... Aoife is my 4th grandchild.  I cannot believe it...Lucky me.




1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a long drive. Taking out the trash and cleaning the kitchen! Good job! A station for toys is a great idea.