Friday, August 20, 2021

The Stuff Love is Made of...

Mother published her poetry.  Mother made crockery.
Mother had a way about her that pulled people together.
Mother inspired confidence.

Here, it is not September, it is August.
This is the Carolinas, not Vermont.
Mother's handmade pottery is chipped, but still beautiful.
It reflects her spirit.

Aoife at the park:

Tuesday, Lynsey had a low fever and chills from her first Covid shot on Monday.
Tuesday, Dylan had his trillionth allergy shots for honey bees and fire ants.
School starts in 5 days.
Stitch  is forever a sewing cat.
Aoife just loves to walk, especially with her daddy.  Now she also plays peek-a-boo,  claps her hands and waves good bye.  My sweet girl.  She goes to her high chair when she is hungry and points to whatever she wants.

Now my awesome new sewing room...Here are my contractors. They put up all the design walls. They help me think, organize and hold my hand.  I am soooo lucky.
Darling 8 inch design boards made for me by Linda...Love!!!

A great view of the big sewing space.  You do notice that the minute my grands left for their mother's house today, I hurried and put some of my own UFOs on their design walls....Will have to remember to remove them on Tuesday.  Notice their little tables by the fish tank with their 3/4 blue machines.
After karate last night, the kids ran into the store for bread.  They came out with 2 pkg soda, a huge butternut squash and cold cuts and forgot the bread!!  Last night While I was on a Zoom, Lynsey made dinner. She took the squash next door for the neighbors to cut for her.  Then she roasted it, cut up the cold cuts, and fixed the veggies with  Ranch dressing.  OMG.  I was so surprised.  When this girl is good, she is very very good...and when she is bad.....well.....

Last but not least...a finished flimsy:
"Back in the Day"  42 x 52 inches.
Original green fabric,  purchased from a quilter's estate sale.
The fabric still had the sales receipt pinned on it :39 cents a yard.


It is all about love.



 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Grateful for your post tonite. Gratitude for the help and love you are presented with.

Scrapatches said...

It is all s out love … <3 Pat

Scrapatches said...

PS …note to self … never try to comment on my phone … “It is all about love” … ;) Pat

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your sewing room looks great - so big and full of what you need to create create create. Looks like you had some wonderful helpers. Isn't it a thrill to watch your little Aoife grow and develop even from a distance. I love the vintagey vibe of your "Back in the Day" quilt, with that great green.