Monday, August 30, 2021

The Lazy Day

 Top finished.  Usually I do a border.  This time, I am passing on it, going to just bind it with the backing:  this lush Kaffe shot cotton..Stay tuned!

OMG  Our Aoife is just a doll...


Tonight somehow, I started feeling jealous of folks who have a life.
Thirty minutes later, dear Lynsey showed up with these...OMG
She used my grandmother's recipe for chocolate frosting...That girl aced it!!
On my sewing machine table!!

Today was day four of no car.  It is OK because now I know it will be just fine.
Maybe the repair of my 16 year old van will be pricy , but it will still drive till the car prices go back down.  Guess that means no pool tomorrow morning.
Today, I slept a lot....the minute I sat down to relax....this old lady nodded off.
I also packed up 3 boxes for Goodwill...
Tomorrow I will border another UFO.  Moving right along.
Then I might make some potholders with my African scraps...that should be fun!!
Yesterday I enjoyed my day.
Today I enjoyed my day.
Nothing could be better than that!!!



5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes we have to keep those old vans running--mine is 17 years old. I had the A/C replaced in 2018, ouch, that was expensive.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The cupcakes look delish. Packing up boxes for Goodwill is an accomplishment!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Some car mechanic will be grateful that you fixed your vehicle. An corny old saying I repeat- Gratitude is the altitude of your attitude. Even when times are tough and wake you up in the middle of the night. Lynsey is a doll. You are moving ahead.

Nancy said...

I so identify with the old car. Mine is 21 years old but it still runs and since it is a diesel it probably will for many more years. I really wanted a car last year and came close but just couldn’t get a 2020. Not such a good years so I didn’t want a reminder of it. This year the money went to a new roof so since I stay home more than I drive it was all good. I am envious of your cupcake.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those cupcakes look delicious. I am glad you are having good days. That quilt is so beautiful - I made a quilt like that out of squares. It really lets the fabric shine through.