Saturday, August 7, 2021

Living in the Day

There is something to be said about just putting one foot in front of the other, the Nike way.
Action first, feelings later

Top Done and Done...after 6/7 years. TBTG
The decision is to keep it square.
Keep it done.
Use it on the table.
If you go closer, you will see that I put the yellow stripe in between 2 whites.
That made all the difference in balance.  The quilting will be someday,  as frankly, I am quite sick of this now. I have pieced the backing and will put it away.

Tonight off to Pat's house for potluck....Widows group understands it all.
I made this cool and awesome pasta salad with garlic roasted butternut squash.
This is the bag holder that I made for her.

The minute I got home, I put something else on the design wall.

Next to my sewing machine was Stitch, resting in the scrap patch.


My very favorite fabric of all time...This is the last bit..sigh...Sometimes things just do not last forever. Like this fabric....Yet somethings seem to last forever like this:

COVID alert for

Mecklenburg County, NC

The risk level for this county has increased as of 08/05/2021.

See What's Changed

Here we go again...Life as we know it changes and then changes again.
I miss my dear man.




4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Yummy looking pot luck dish Diane, I can almost taste it from here!!
I think our lives have changed forever with Covid and we now have to learn a new way of living.

shoshu said...

Diane, hi there! i never was one for roller coaster rides....but then again, i never was a giver upper either. no choice other than your wise words, put one foot in front of the other, actions first, emotions later when they're not quite so sharp.
sending you love
shoshana

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the quilt at the top. Stitch does not look like she is resting but ruling the nest. Keep going. Working at getting my immunity up through supplements, sunshine, exercise and food choices. I can't live every day in fear as I see what it has done to people I love.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

How cute, your cat in the basket. Something so cozy about cats and quilts. Nice that you finished your top and called it Done. It's very pretty.