Thursday, August 5, 2021

Grandma O'Quilts Brags Again

 Thinking how much our crisis counselor helps us, the kids are making her presents.
Dylan's specialty is jar openers.  He used a bowl to draw a circle on the fabric he picked out. Then he glued it to the shelf liner with a glue stick and cut it out.  Next step will be to quilt it.
Lynsey found a box of fabric with her name on it.
She was thrilled, remembering all the reasons she had picked each fabric.
Boom!!!  All of a sudden, she switched from making a present to making herself a pair of shorts????
Her Aunt Emily suggested she find a U-tube tute and off she went.  She learned a lot...about 5/8 inch seams and measuring, etc...good girl!!  The more I said it was too late when she had never sewn clothes before, the more she insisted...That's my girl..persistence wins out in the end.
She also got excited about organizing her space.  Now she wants a design wall of her own and a rod on the wall to hang little cups of sewing supplies...My heart!!
Aoife on her new board.  She has learned peek-a-boo and how to wave...Love!!
I tried to post pix of Evan and Ava swimming, but Chrome said it came from a dangerous site...Oh, Dear..
The children had a Narateen Zoom tonight...Lynsey took notes and said she liked it...TBTG
She has learned that the healing is in the talking or writing or sharing and that none of this is her fault, Nor is something she can control.
Off they go in the morning to their mother's until Sunday.
I have a list of things to do...

Tonight I hear from my girl that they may not be coming for an August visit because of Delta.  My SIL's job has cancelled all travel and told its employees not to fly.  OMG
I might go crazy!!  But, then, today was also a good day..

The children are excelling at Karate.  Today Dylan decided to wash his own sheets and put them back on his bed....all a surprise to me. We have been working on emptying the two rooms of clutter, etc, for the carpet folks to come next week.  The dog ruined the rugs. Oh, well, we still miss the dog.
I am so proud of all my grands...lucky, lucky me!!

Nightbirde  Lynsey and I watched this clip tonight and talked about it.









1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Good for Dylan and Lynsey making gifts rather than wanting to go buy them and it looks like you have another quilter coming along through the ranks - hr own design wall no less! I am sorry to hear that your daughter won't make it for the visit, this variant is a nightmare!!