Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Sewing News and More

 Something accomplished:  binding on and quilt finished...quilting by  Mary Jerz and pattern by Bee in my Bonnet...but maybe not, since I cannot find it....  I am  having such a hard time with focus and  color on Google's new set up...Oh, well....
Easy pattern with 16 patch and 4 snowballed blocks

Tissues added to make 50 for the holidays
Five year old Ava is in kindergarten now....Here she sleeps under the quilt her mother made many moons ago.
Three year old Aoife showing off before bed....with the sleeping mask her mother made her for her trip.

Today: grueling PT for my balance.  Lunch with Marie and Charmaine, hair cut by my haircutter of 30 years on my patio...laundry  done and 69 degrees/ cloudy and freezing to southern me.!!

I had Halloween fabric in my cart on some Amazon site.  Off it went when my sister unearthed my two big  boxes of Halloween fabric that I already had...
I used to have 2 huge boxes of Halloween things in the attic at my old house...How could it be that there was only one tiny box left...??  Below is my Target special from  one years 90% off sale
And so the season begins...like a flash it will be 2024.



3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt is so pretty. You are well on your way for 50 tissue holders.
Yes, Halloween will be here before we know it and then the rest of the year just seems to slide away. Crunch time is here.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the newly finished quilt! All the photos you posted today were terrific.

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

Yes, absolutely love your quilt! I made pillows with that same block a couple of years ago. I like all your fabric choices and Aoife with her mask so darling.