Wednesday, January 17, 2024

A Little Light, Much Needed

Here I was last week, still sick, no electricity in the apartments, but emergency lights in the hallway.
Mrs. O'Quilts here with her mother's old bed tray on wheels, apt door open, tray pushed into hallway drinking honey lemon tea and sewing away.  Thank God for sewing.!!!
In my mess, I just spotted the ornament Betty made for me this year...lovely
An adventure...a risk...some fun!!
Instagram told me that a folded tortilla with cheese and onion could be put in the toaster for dinner...
Above, raw tortilla folded with the cheese and onion,
Below the cooking in action. 
And now for the quick and tasty result.  Cooking a cheese crisp will never be the same for me again.
No mess and yummy!
I think the weather in Charlotte is freezing, but we do not have this:
From the front window of my daughter's house in Portland, schools closed due to freezing ice..brrrr
Icicles...amazing....
Two good friends visited me today.  They lifted my spirit
I was able to look at the beginning of  the peace sign chemo cuddle quilt for my niece.
Up and down goes life...so grateful I am cozy and warm inside and getting better!


2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

So thrilled you are getting better! Thank God for good friends and cheer (and tea).

Nancy said...

And you thought it was cold here when you visited for Christmas. The last 5 days have been darned cold. I just read that we might get more freezing rain today. NO! We can’t get out of our neighborhood at the moment because of the ice. School cancelled again today so at least I don’t have to try to drive the grandkids to school. We have been stuck at home since last Saturday so I have accomplished some sewing and quilted one quilt. But I have now missed two workouts and we are out of fresh vegetables. So now we are eating canned or frozen veggies. I am ready for this to melt.