Tuesday, January 16, 2024

It's the Steroids, Stupid!!!

Yesterday's joy.
And, in the beginning.......3 and a half years now...

Thanks to God and my doctor and my asthma inhalers and  my prednisone, and my antibiotic and my cough pearls and my nebulizer, 8 days later I can see the light.  God only knows what brought this about as I have not had an asthma episode in about 8 years..

Tonight I had the energy to make this cover for a book of mine:
My cleaning lady came today. Perhaps that is why I am better????

Some mean person in my building suggested that I was allergic to all my fabric.
WHATEVER!!!

And TONIGHT'S rant!  Something totally different...as I am feeling worse...the rain??

I read an article on de-stashing and decided tonight was the night....(not a good choice)
I found two hat boxes full to the brim with charms.  They are now all over the bed, over my breathing machine and now on the floor.   My disposition reflects it...


What to do?? One patches???  Then off to Mary Jerz to quilt?? Then off to folks who need them??
Not tonight, anyway......

Even in the best of times, I struggle with organization...OMG  This is so not the best of times.
Drinking tea with honey and lemon as I wheeze, staring in awe at wild, unintended collection. Sigh..

I just left all that to go to the shelves to de-stash some yardage.  I could not let go of even an inch of any of it.  No sewing tonight , just pacing.  Sickness is a waste of time...I cannot accomplish what my youth could do,, I might die of asthma or maybe frustration.....Once again, I am overwhelmed.

OH!! Here it comes...The epiphany .It is the STEROIDS, stupid.  I am on the last day of my treatment. They always make me crazy.
Tomorrow my friends  come for laughs.  Tomorrow is a brand new day.

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Know what you mean about sickness, I've got a UTI that is not responding well to the meds. So I am exhausted and not focused. I melted down over my sloppy studio today and not sure where to start to claw back at the anarchy. Maybe some sunshine would help. Snow, very cold and gray here, sort of stuck inside. Prayers your breathing will stabilize and grow stronger.