Saturday, January 6, 2024

Tonight

Evidently I am still jet lagged, even after 7 days  home from the west coast.  One am and  I am going strong.  Below appliqued peace signs made with my electric Accuquilt machine...
Below:  Nicely cut 4.5 inch blocks and 2.5 inch blocks
Gorilla fabric cut from an after Christmas sale shirt at Old Navy 10 years ago.
See Mrs. O'Quilts have fun in the middle of the night...By mistake I have purchased two of the same die...No problem, cutting twice as fast.

Today I was crabby as crabby can be.  Had a terrible nightmare that was so real, I could not believe it was not true once awake....Then a fire alarm...jeeze....then big bang construction on an apartment just above me... (the lady does have a sewing machine!!!!)  I always ask  new residents.
I sat with the crabby over frozen blueberries and Cheerios...My mind told me to just go to the pool and so I did....Hmmmmm  peace came quickly.  Imagine swimming inside when the temperature outside is 30 degrees!!!

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I plan on not feeling guilty if I nap and sew and do not change the world..After all, I am retired.

Happy New Year to me...Amaryllis from Trader Joe's.
Creative Whimsy has these two interesting posts: 

Fabric Storage 

Fabric Scrap Tips


2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, what fun fabric! Glad you could cut it so easily. Super that you could go for a swim. About an inch of snow here since this afternoon. Gorgeous amaryllis!!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love all the photos - your granddaughter is so precious. Love her outfits. You did amazing on your trip but travelling isn't easy for our age. Love all of the potholders, I made pillows for my grandchildren this year flying geese. It took me 3 weeks to get the pattern right - but not I got it down flat. Rest - my dr tells me that all the time and I get up every hours and walk around. I am always sitting. Happy New Year!