Sunday, January 28, 2024

This Life of Mine

 Oh, heart of mine: knitted by my friend Sally Catoe...lovely pin from Goods to Go (our little store onsite..funds go to support folks living here.)..For $2..joy ...cuz I love it.


Mary Jerz quilted this lap quilt for me months and months ago.  Tonight I put on the binding. It took months to procratinate and just an hour to finish...lesson???  Probably not...

Below:  scrap process on my design wall.

African fabric pick for my next water proof seat cover.  I discovered making these when my mother needed something pretty to protect the seat of her wheelchair.  I now have them on all my work chairs to prevent stains.  This will be an extra one to put on an outside chair that  has been rained on..Waterproof to keep my bottom dry while I read.

In desperation I search for someone to fold my yellows and my novelty fabrics
I am so out of control.  I asked one of the workers  here if she wanted a bit of money on the side...she was not interested in folding fabric.  My oldest granddaughter would be great at it...alas, I never see her.
Teenagers seem to have a life of their own...she will be 15 in a few weeks.

Rain and cold seem to really love Charlotte this winter.  Still, hope shows itself in early pop up greens. 

This is an interesting blog about upcycling fabric.

Today's life....In bed till noon?????  Old lady???
One o'clock lunch with friends...laughing till 3!!
Home to finish a library book and pat some fabric, putting all jelly rolls in one basket, etc.
Applied binding to quilt above,  No healthy eating....no exercise or moving my body. Put some donations in the art room...
When I struggle with the aging situation...my daughter always comes through with pictures of Aoife or texts of  her life...and, her sewing life...
I am so grateful for my daughter.  And, then my DIL, always sharing things about  my grands..and life in the country.
I am one very lucky grandmother.

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I can always count on you for colorful photos of neat stuff. Quilt is fantastic. You'll find someone to fold the fabric. Take care of yourself- don't get careless with the plan!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If I lived closer I would fold your fabric for you. I bet there are some wonderful discoveries hidden in the mix. Don't you want to discover them yourself? I love folding fabric and restacking from bottom to top.