Thursday, January 25, 2024

Sunshine in the Rain

First up....You know who in Portland in her first school picture ever!!
3 1/2  Preschool!!

The North Dakota Bison for Gary and Linda
Some people can make a  potholder out of anything.
Made by my sister, Charmaine Lowery:  a peace sign quilt for Alexis....her 37 year old daughter with ovarian cancer...Quilted by Mary Jerz
Alexis loves peace signs...look at the backing I found at JoAnn's
My birthday is in December...I am not against celebrating it in January too!!
Thank  you Linda for this Sunflower panel...It makes me  happy.

In organizing, I came upon this Christmas present from Evan, when he was 9.
He handstitched a "gift card" for me and added in a few $5 bills....It still touches my heart.
Evan will be 19 in June...Amazing....

More sunshine...even though indeed it is raining!!
DIL is coming for lunch
Cleaning lady is coming soon...
I feel good
OMG so far a great day...


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

School pictures start so young now (and this is such a cute one!). I didn't even have kindergarten out in the country in the 1040s and our one room schools were too small to have a photographer come to them. 5th grade is my first school picture.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely granddaughter! As usual, wonderfully unique potholder! Glad you are feeling better even with the rain. We had 1.25" rain last night on top of snow from last week. Kind of yucky.