Saturday, August 31, 2019

How Grandma O'Quilts Got the Focus Going

Linda was going to lunch for an hour, I thought.
So, I set my timer for an hour. just to get myself sewing.
Got all this done in an that hour.
Wahoo...I prepped these disappearing nine patches for an upcoming sit and sew.
How to carry them without wrinkling?   Cute little wrap!!
Then...and then...I kept on sewing....
Two more placemats in the making for outreach.
I was gifted the Kaffe salvedge strips..How fun is this??
I took reading breaks..in the backyard...
Such a ridiculous book, that I find myself bursting with laughter at times.
My son's room is downstairs in my second quilting room.
Here...I caught Dylan having a sleepover with his daddy.
Ages 9 and 34...Dear to my heart.
Kindhearted 14 year old under great pressure..deigned to make bobbins for me.
He was in process of making 8 when I snapped him.
OMG,,,such mortification...one would think that I was going to publish it
in the high school newspaper.!!!
The hour set was a great idea...Once I started, then I could not stop sewing
I love to stay up till 2 am sewing...
Then sleeping all day...even when I go outside to read, it seems that
I nod off like an old lady!!!!!
Did you know that the holidays are coming soon???
Before I blink an eye...OMG
Guess I will  bring some holiday things to work on in Portland while visiting my daughter
She already has the two sewing machines all set up.

4 comments:

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

Diane,
A Man called Ove is one of my favorites..So many lessons in that read..and funny and sad at the same time! Sewing until 2 am..Once upon a time, I would stay up late at night to sew! See you soon..Susan D-L

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Setting a timer is a great strategy. I use that sometimes for unpleasant tasks or something I'm procrastinating - set for 15 minutes. A Man Called Ove is terrific. If you like it, I also highly recommend The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg.

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the fabric with the elephants marching, delightful. When do you leave for Oregon?

Judyk2310 said...

I love Ovie!!!!