Monday, October 5, 2020

Always our Aoife and more

Aoife enjoying her walk to he park... asleep..
Aoife enjoying her walk to the park.... awake..

I had a lovely chat with Aoife tonight...she was babbling and blowing bubbles..
Sooo adorable!!!

Last year our CMQG made placemats for the Meals on Wheels community.
They were given out during the holiday season in December.
This year, we are making small comfort quilts with tote bags to
give to the homeless children involved with the Meals on Wheels group.
The above bag is the third I have made...3 more to go...I forget how many quilts...maybe five..?
I should have these done in the next 10 days, then I will be off sewing for the holidays myself.

 The latest in the O'Quilt's saga......

This is my sister's car...Does not look like she will be able to get to work anytime soon.

My sister works 6/7 days a week.  This is so crazy...She has two adult children, both in the spectrum. She is a single mother...motherhood is a never ending job.

My DIL put up a Go Fund me page on Facebook...How nice is that?? Grateful to have my smart DIL a great part of our support system.

OMG  In making that bag for the children, I broke two needles..Ugh..
However, looking for more needles, I found the above box of 100 needles that has been missing for two months...I had been looking for a much bigger box for some reason!!! This is good news.
A good day....in spite of remote learning...tears , confusion...but we got thru it.
Hot soup and stew...A good day.



1 comment:

Emily said...

So glad you found the needles!! I hate when I lose things in my sewing space!