Saturday, October 24, 2020

Lazy

Lazy me..I have done nothing today....Well...a little...Bags here all ready for the strings.
The Good Vibes Quilters are having their first Zoom Sit and Sew on Thursday.
I will finish these bags then.

Excess here in paradise....Flannel.  I have so much flannel. JoAnn's fabric flannel sales over the years...Mostly Black Friday deals not more than $1.49 a yard.

Someone here must have gone crazy!!  What to do with the flannel and what to do with the bags? I purchased the bags during one of the big sales at Madam Sew   I now have three bags filled with flannel.

What should I do?  Put the bags upstairs under my bed??Put them in my son's room?  Build an extension onto my house for quilting room  number 5???And what to make with flannel...beside pillowcases.. 


Today is the day that I want to be lazy and have everyone else work.Lynsey, it is almost two in the afternoon.  Why don't you get dressed and clean your room.

Silence.

Dylan, are you going to play video games all day?

Silence.

Grandma?  What about your PT exercises and mask making?

Pass the cookies?

My sewing energy is asleep.   Instead I have ordered the  library book,  The Great Influenza Story, by John Barry.  Sitting under my tree, covered with mosquito spray, I am thinking about Cholera, Polio, Smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella and  (Guinea worm disease????). 

Wondering if my head has  been in the sand for most of my life.

Suzette sent me a book,  Thimble of Soil, A Woman's Quest for Land, Historical letters 1854 to 1860

It takes place in 1855, as folks moved from Ohio to Kansas for resettlement. Now that is a story I never experienced.  It seemed that when the Ohio group did not agree with slavery while crossing Missouri, they were refused water for their families and horses.  Each side was sure that theirs held the correct value.  Nothing changes...people always have disagreements.. Except, things worked out better when they kept their mouth's  shut.

90% of my family has now voted (except one, who promised!!)  We have a small family..My bro and his wife, my sister and her two children, my own two children (Emily voted, Brian is a resident and Aoife is 3 months old.) My 3 Muldoon grands..... and me, My DIL and her husband and Ava...I am proud of my little family.  

They practiced their voting privilege, that is how we make a change.

Dylan just asked me where his new mask was...hmmmm. Ok, I am on it.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

When my kids were little I used to make trousers and line them with flannel. I also lined the pockets with flannel. They were so snuggly and warm in the winter.