Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Me and my Friends

Linda's latest masterpiece...random orphaned four patches with grey.
Below is Kathylynn's first rope bowl..
Zoe sorting scraps....Fabric loving is a family affair.

Graduation for me!!!
...From pink...(1 lb) to my new lime green ones, (3 lbs)
PT at home...They say weights help build a core...of which I have none.
Is this not a lovely place for my weights...outside on the screened in porch on my alternate cutting table!!!

I have wasted my day being irritated at my sewing room invasion, and
the kitchen mess, and the fatigue of  reminding folks of the rules and chores..that are already quite well known in this  house!!
I did do a school drive by, picking up quarter two, fifth grade supplies for Dylan.  He goes back to school in 8 days.
Rules...a COVID signed paper by me, before he gets on the bus, temperature check at school, no visitors at school at all, lunch and specials in the room, everyone wears masks.  Dylan will only go in person, for two days a week..the rest will be remote. It is kind of exciting.  If there are 30 children in his class..only 15 will be coming on his days.  And, some of those parents will have decided their children will have full time remote...so not even 15 will be there....

As we all know, Lynsey has chosen not to work remotely in her bedroom on her very own desk.  Instead, she has sectioned off a corner of the living room with a desk, chair, screen divider, chrome book, drink, hand lotion, hair brush, electric heater, garbage can...you get the idea??? 

 I am just putting it out there...Does anyone have any idea WHY she is now sitting in my sewing room, at my sewing machine table with her Chromebook doing her school work???????????

I am constantly trying to refine my mask making.  This one is an Olson mask made for children ages 3 to 5....but Dylan wanted to try it.  I have put a nose sealer in the top part.
This is the back of the mask.  The Olson mask has a place to slide a filter if you want.


A fun zoom time tonight with our  IQ quilters.  Just look who is in the season!!
Our Aoife, showing off her dimples...

Our Aoife....enjoying the wonder of it all.
A good day today,
Tomorrow an all day Zoom with my Good Vibe quilters..
Hurricane Zeta is coming through Charlotte tonight.





 

2 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Another stunner of a photo of Aoife!! Pass on to Linda that I think her quilt is a beauty please. Also Zoe seems to be making a good job of sorting scraps. Nice colouds for the weights Diane, must be a pleasure to use them :) We regularly catch updates on the situation in America in our papers and on TV, the infection rate and number of deaths is horrific, where is it going to end. Hope the children keep safe whilst attending school. Sorry to have missed a few posts, health is a problem - again!!!!