Saturday, October 17, 2020

Autumn Gathering

Ava's new shirt.  Just recently bought by her mother
As they all do...Two and a half year old Ava promptly found a pair of scissors and cut a nice piece out
of the front of the shirt...Lynsey was excited to fix it...
Honestly, I did not think that it was possible to repair...
Tonight, I found some sheep flannel for a pocket.
There is a sheep on the outside and a sheep on the inside of the pocket.
Somehow, Tinkerbell fits just perfectly inside.  I think the girls will be pleased.

A lovely afternoon with show and tell at our CMQG.  In the church parking lot, all masked up with chairs 6 feet apart.  I did not take many pictures, but Aly, here caught my vibe.
She is finishing off one of the bags for the holiday outreach.  Look at her dress...Wahoo, it is foxes.
Below, our Heather with her quilt...pattern by Sujata Shah
Note our stunning day...Carolina Blue skies!!
Again, Heather has finished a quilt ...This one, Be Not Afraid,
for sure should help all of us during this time.
Below:  Diane Dos shows the flimsy baby quilt she is making.

Feeling so happy for my lovely backyard in the woods with mighty fine weather. The minute I am out there with a book, I relax...yellow leaves blowing in the breeze, two cats and on dog...and such peace.
Oh, boy...my Christmas (Thanksgiving Cacti) are here reminding me that it is now time to fertilize them.  By the first frost, they come inside to the kitchen window.
They live perfectly all summer, underneath this bench on our deck.

Lynsey will be 12 in February...That is 4 months away.  She is becoming so grown up....and still such a baby.  She hides from me when I come in the room.  Tuesday when the bulk pick up came for the old dishwasher and old hot water heater...they found hand written notes on each..."Good bye now hot water heater...Thank you for all the hot water."  and "Good bye old dishwasher...we will miss you".  Of course, she was looking out the window when they came and was thrilled that they smiled.  She is also using the leftover old hot water heater box in the garage to make a port-a-potty.  
Please God, I have no idea why....
Her daddy took her to the store for the paint.
Now, the O'Quilts family is the proud owner of a turquoise porta-a-potty in our garage.
Sew not my style!!!

No pictures of darling Aoife today...However, I spied Stitch in the basket of stuffed animals...

North Carolina has a link where  you can check your mailed ballot to be sure it has been received and counted..(thank you Sherry)... Ballottrax  It was so reassuring to see that our ballots had been recorded!!!

Today was such a lovely day.



2 comments:

Cherie said...

I do love to see a new post from you in my feed. Thank you for brightening my evening

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the quilt showing, such a good idea Diane. The grandchildren are growing up quickly aren't they, can't quite believe that Lynsey will be 12yrs early next year.