Friday, October 9, 2020

Much Needed Covid Distractions.


Looking at life through a different lens

Sitting outside enjoying the sky and trees when..Voila..
I saw that heart.  I could not see it with my naked eye...but through
the lens of the camera...there it was!!!!...
Different perspectives can enrich the soul
I am sure it was my dear man reminding me of his love and encouraging me on.
xoxoxo

A surprise visit and present from a wonderful friend...I was so uplifted!!

This blog post must be marked for the many times I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Also, I got rave views from PT Wednesday on my progress.
 My sister now has enough money for a car...thanks to the generosity of friends and
the brilliance and efforts of my DIL and her husband, Brandon!!

My son took the day off  from work.. He did the grocery shopping with the two children ( a half day at school).  He put our Lynsey in charge of dinner for two nights..
She picked out Salmon...and made the most delicious dinner with our family recipe.
The next night she made barbecue chicken legs...
I continue to be amazed at the O'Quilt's current good fortune when it comes to grandchildren!!.

Someone was doing a vocabulary test in my sewing room.  One word was "domain"
I said..."This sewing room is MY domain"...Ha Ha... Look at the cup of tea she had made herself in order to concentrate!!  (She learned about tea from her granddaddy.)
Evidently she feels that this room is her domain as well.
The last two backpacks for outreach...Here, our Dylan is the model.

It is such a relief that my part is done.
We used this tute: Sew She Can
Linda made the children awesome cat cookies.
She said that they could share...I was so grateful.

My girl made this darling outfit for Aoife.
Baby is 2 and a half months old now...
Tummy time....Those Irish sheep are everywhere..

Reminder: ...Aoife is pronounced E fuh, with accent on the long E
A great Irish name!!!










 

3 comments:

Cherie said...

You granddaughter amazes me. She is a very clever and resourceful young lady.Of course she has a brilliant teacher in you. I was touched by the first photo. The signs are always there when we take the time to look aren't they. x

Mary Marcotte said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been around. (Do I start every comment that way?) I'm going with CoVid (I've lost track of how many family members have had it.) and two hurricanes, both close enough to cause lots of stress and fallen limbs and no electricity. Otherwise, I'm out of excuses. :)
Your sweet little Aoife is just beautiful. I would love to love on her. All of our babies are now in terrible twos and threes. Love their antics, but we're starting to see a little sass in that great-granddaughter. Funny, but still sassy.
I have lots more reading to do if I'm going to catch up with you. I did go back enough to read about your sister and her car. I'm so happy that y'all were able to help her out. Two children on the spectrum must be wildly stressful. I'm sure she appreciates all the love.

Mystic Quilter said...

There's a lot going on at your place Diane, those flowers are beautiful. Nice to have your son shop and Lynsey making dinner and it's good to see that you both 'share' your domain!!! Beautiful photo of little Aoife, how quickly they grow.