Saturday, October 31, 2020

Just a Friday of Sorts

Aoife...starts the day with a beautiful smile.
Yesterday was so much fun.  The first sewing retreat since Covid lockdown.
Virtual...The Good Vibes Quilting Group..  Friends from Oregon, from Minnesota and Charlotte.
We all sewed and laughed and got to know each other.  We have been talking online since March.
Yesterday we met via Google Meet!!  Thank you Suzette!!!!
During Amazon Prime, I ordered a camera for my computer......sooo  I was able to put everyone on my big computer screen while I sewed.
I finished all ten of my bags.  They are strung and ready for gifting.
Below are the masks I made yesterday...
I always get more sewing done when I am hanging with friends.
Here comes Halloween....strict rules in our neighborhood...no door to door treats.
I have put the candy into gloves . A table will be set up by the mail box with pumpkins, candy, etc.
Here is an example:  The nursing gloves each have three pieces of candy
with a fabric tie...I wanted to blow up the gloves, but decided that would not pass
the health test!
Talking with a few friends tonight.  We are all stressed..
Covid, the election, remote learning, isolation.
Then. I found this:

Terry Waite, 1763 days as a hostage in appalling conditions.
He just told us all to stop complaining!
👏👏👏
Change your mindset he said, you're not STUCK at home, you're SAFE at home
❤️
His advice:
*Keep your own dignity - get out of your PJs!
*Form a structure for the day
*Be grateful for what you have - shelter, home, possessions
*Read and be creative




2 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh that sweet baby. Her smile would brighten the darkest day. Your sewing session sounds like it was fun... and oh blimey we all need a bit of lighthearted fun just now. Stay safe sane and cosy warm x

Peter K said...

Yay for the good day, Diane. I've been dragging, but the quote from Terry Waite is worth saving, which I have. Attitude can turn on a dime . . .